hurtinfocus
Focus Addict

Fan#: 835
What I Drive: 03 SVT (RS conversion)

FF Reputation: 4 hurtinfocus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (23)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
What rocks have you all been living under? There are several AWD Foci around the world. Many have been in WRC since 1999.

Still the best AWD to scavange from is the Mondeo AWD, as it uses the same engine as found in the Focus and is very close to the same suspension parts. I almost bought one in Germany in 2008 for $300.
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacegravity4me View Post
can ya find that in the states though? I doubt it.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jinstall View Post
Can you find a AWD Focus in the US?

You want to play, then you have to pay.

A question was asked and I gave a solution, you don't like it then keep your mouth shut. Be a part of the solution not a part of the problem. What's your solution? oh thats right you don't have one. Try thinking outside the box, instead of bitching about.
Guys, relax..... the mondeo is like a jaguar x-type and a contour made a baby together.... the parts for the mondeo AWD are very similar to the jag x-type and both would need modified to fit in a focus chassis anyways.

guys in europe could source either car, and people here in the US can source an x-type.

There's one member I know of that took all of the information I have posted and got their hands on an x-type and supposedly began the "swap" this past spring but then disappeared from the forums so I have no idea if he was even remotely successful

I myself caught wind of a local 5spd x-type salvage vehicle for sale a few months ago but when I dropped everything to go look at it I was let down when I popped the hood and the motor and transmission were already removed so the car was useless to me. Too bad too, only wanted $500 for the whole thing