Old 12-01-2012, 05:52 PM   #33
79mgb
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105006
What I Drive: 1979 MG MGB, 2008 Mazda 3

FF Reputation: 3 79mgb Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Hi! I'm the other half of the build team ( dad) and this is one of the coolest projects we've ever done! I've been wanting to do an MGB for a long time!
Ah, so you finally quit lurking and joined the forum!

Everybody, my father is helping me with this build since he's been a grease monkey for a long time and is the most knowledgable person I know. He's rebuilt/owned dozens of interesting cars and even founded fordsix.com, a forum dedicated to Ford inline six engines. His current cars are his 1983 Jaguar XJS (which is currently powered by a pretty peppy Chevy small block 350) and his 1932 Ford Roadster.

We built most of the 32 roadster together and it was a lot of fun.

It's been a few years since I've worked on a car project with my dad but two things made me want to start this new project: First, a close friend of ours was killed by a suicidal driver about three months ago while driving on the highway. He was a fellow "car guy" and loved to work on sprint cars with his son. The news of his death was devastating but made me realize that life is too short and it's important to spend time with the people you love. In a way, restoring the MGB with my dad is a great dedication to our friend. Second, I'm getting married and starting grad school soon. I figured we should work on a project before my future wife sees how much money I spend on cars.

But seriously, it means a lot to have him helping me with this project. Please welcome him to the forum.

Last edited by 79mgb; 12-01-2012 at 11:15 PM.