View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 11:02 AM   #47
ProjectCommuter
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105046
What I Drive: 2012 Oxford White Focus SE 5MT

FF Reputation: 1 ProjectCommuter Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
There have not done it yet. ModernMotorworks is doing a comparison. If people commit to buy one of each of the intakes, at a reduced cost after the test, they will compare them all, on the same car, on the same day, with the same dyno. Including AFRs. Only one guy has committed to buy the K&N afterwards but they are going to do the Injen, Steeda, FSWerks and AEM. Great opportunity for anyone who wants a new intake!

Quote:
"We are looking into doing a possible comparison of the top CAI systems currently on the market for the 2012-13 Focus 2.0 Duratec. We will obtain the kits, get some dyno time setup, and get a comparison of the dyno graphs. All the results would be from the same car, on the same day, on the same dyno. What we are looking for is to gauge interest in people reserving these intake systems that will be up for sale after the dyno test at greatly discounted pricing.

Right now, we think these kits would need to be included. Please feel free to share any others.
K&N
Steeda
FSWerks

The AEM and Injen are on the maybe list.

So, what we need before we can proceed is some reservations of the gently used intake kits that will be for sale. Let me know who can put their name in for a kit."

Quote:
"Pricing is as follows on the 3 kits I am doing. I might include Injen if someone commits to buying at 10% below retail + S&H.

Steeda $269 + S&H
FSWerks $164 +S&H
K&N $251 + S&H
Injen $225 + S&H (Possibly including this if someone commits)

Let me know if you have interest in a kit that will be brand new other than 3 dyno pulls. First come, first served."