Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford Buy Back!
Thread: Ford Buy Back!
View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:33 AM   #53
InfinityCubed
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95846
What I Drive: 2012 Kona Blue Metallic SE-Sport

FF Reputation: 1 InfinityCubed Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi, I have the same problems you do, in the shop 10 times so far for the transmission/clutch grinding/jerking, two different dealerships, clutch inspection and replacement, escalation to CSMs through these forums, and I'm here to let you know that nothing has gotten done for me. The car still shudders on takeoff and still grinds between gears. Last time they did a "thorough" inspection and found no leaks, but saw that the clutch was pretty much shredded. They replaced the clutch and said "OK it's fixed!" When it obviously isn't fixed. The thing that causes the clutch to shred is the problem, the clutch is the victim. I guess I'm the only one around there that realizes it. I'm done with it all now, I'm about to submit my formal complaint and follow that up with swift legal action. I have all of my documentation from service and purchase.

As far as these transmissions go, talking to everyone I know on these forums about the problem, escalation to a CSM is pretty much the same as just wanting the whole thing to take longer. Eventually they still find nothing wrong, and the CSM stops answering your calls and stops returning them.

You can read a lot of my story here: http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=292311

After the end of that post it has been back in 3 times, which makes a total of 61 days in service in the year that I've owned it. I'm not happy. I put 7k down on it and 20% of it paid off and I still owe more than it would be worth in excellent condition, instead of the pile of grinding, jerking metal that it is. I understand how buying a new car works, but I just wish I could have had the new car experience that comes along with that added cost. This is my first new car, and I had not heard of the trusty "don't buy a car in it's first model year." I have learned my lesson though. I owned a 1996 Ranger for 12 years and only had it in the shop for routine maintenance.

I wish you the best of luck, and I'm obviously interested in the response to your letter from Ford if you get one. Please post here or PM me if you hear back from them.