View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 07:16 PM   #35
peridigm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 103341
What I Drive: 12', Ti wrapped

FF Reputation: 1 peridigm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I just got my car back today after being updated to 3.5.1. Previously had 3.0.2. My 3.0.2 issues were similar to everyone else, sporadic reboot, button labels blank, slow response, etc...

What I have observed so far...
1) I cannot make a call with voice recognition. Repeated attempts to make calls using names from my IOS5 iPhone ended with "please say a name as it is listed in your phone book". Despite me speaking clearly and the same way I spoke with 3.0.2, it would not make one call. I tried about 6 names from my contact list. I finally resorted to "dial xxx-xxx-xxxx". She repeated the number back to me and dialed.

2) I'm primarily a Sirius listener. For some reason today I could not locate anything that I wanted to listen to so I decided to use my iPhone BT connection. This is where the frustration began. 20 seconds into track 2, it decided to start track 3. Um, okay. When I reached the end of the album, it switched to a new album with unknown artist, 0 tracks. It would not skip forward, backward, or play. Silence!
I selected a new album from my iPhone (yes I pulled over first). I skipped to the last track and let it play. When it reached the end, the same thing happened, silence. I changed source to Sirius, then back to BT. Still wouldn't play.

I started a new album and let it play. I had to stop for gas. When I got back in and started the car, it was still on BT, but now the display read Walt's iPhone where it should have the artist and song title, the track listing was where I had left it, and it would not play, skip back or forward. It was silent again! I finally had enough and switched it to Sirius for the rest of my trip.

Anyone else having this BT quirkiness? IOS5 or IOS6? I don't really want to upgrade to IOS6 but I may to see if my issues are resolved.