Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Fuel delivery problem HELP!
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 05:30 PM   #11
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I read in the first post that you dropped the tank and replaced the pump because you didn't hear the pump priming. It was probably bad. Now you aren't getting fuel out of the line coming out of the fuel tank. Other fuel system designs have 2 lines going to the tank. You might've read that Ford used a "returnless" fuel injection system on this car, so there is no return. You can't possibly be looking at the wrong line. There is also no FPR in this system to be blocking fuel flow. The fuel pump control module is what regulates the fuel pump speed through resistors to modulate the fuel flow to the engine. Yes, there is a flying saucer looking device on the fuel line near the fuel rail that looks like it might be an FPR. It's called the "fuel pulse damper". This post is just for knowledge's sake.

Your only course of action is to drop the tank again, and see what happened- possibly test the pump to be sure it is doing it's job. Just because it's making noise doesn't mean it is working. Something could be wrong with the pump from the factory.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.