Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - New SYNC and MFT announced by Ford
View Single Post
Old 11-30-2012, 11:19 AM   #37
copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

Points 1,491, Level 21
Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21 Points: 1,491, Level: 21
Level Up 91% Completed
Level up: 91% Level up: 91% Level up: 91%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
•More natural voice recognition: Drivers can now simply say “Play <name>” when requesting a specific artist, song, album or genre of music (i.e. “Play jazz” versus “Play genre jazz”)
I did finally get the chance to goof around with this and noticed some odd things. Don't think it is quite ready for prime time. The first thing I tried was using a title that I knew was the name of a song and an album. I simply said said "Play <title>". It gave me a list of four titles to choose from, the first one being what I said so I said "One". That screen disappeared and went back to the map screen (which is what I was on prior to initiating the voice command). The system then told me to "Please choose". Only problem was that it didn't give me any sort of list to choose from. I was still staring at the map screen. After a somewhat awkward silence between me and Sync-lady she finally gave me the "I'm getting impatient" tone and said that both a song and album were detected with that title, which would I like. I said "album" and it started playing the album. Probably should have just done that from the beginning instead of telling me to choose something without telling me or showing me what my choices are.

Another difference in the system is that in all previous versions when I used to tell it to play a song and I had multiple artists that had a song of that same title, it used to give me a list of the different artists in order for me to pick the actual song of that name that I wanted to hear. Now it just starts playing one. Haven't totally narrowed it down yet but it appears it just picks the one by the artist that comes first alphabetically (might be album title alphabetically but so far it appears to be artist). Not a big deal as I can just track-skip one or two times to get to the one I want but just wondering why the change?

Still regularly does the thing where I tell it to "Play song <title>" and it brings up a list of four choices. The first is always the song title I said followed by nothing and the next three are the same song title but followed by artist names, problem being none of those artists have songs of that title. If I tell it to play one of the "fake" ones it says "Sorry, unable to locate song <title> by artist <artist name>." Well of course you can't. It doesn't exist. Why are you throwing up one valid option and three invalid options on the screen and making me select the valid option? Just play the only one that actually exists.