Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - I think someone forgot to torque something
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:42 PM   #7
mitchv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79720
What I Drive: 2003 blue zx3

FF Reputation: 4 mitchv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by emsvitil View Post
Did the driveshaft snap, or just pull out of the inner part (boot and all).

If it just pulled out, you can put it back together (after cleaning) with new lube)
It didnt just pulll out its one big long connected piece with like a boot thing in the middle kind of hard to explain but it came apart there and Im almost sure that those parts arent supposed to seperate.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79mgb View Post
The first thing I would recommend changing is your pants.

I would have definitely needed a new pair after that experience.
I was calm about the whole thing while it was happening, probably the reason Im still able to sit here and type this out. i didnt start flipping out untill afterwords when I was standing in these peoples front yard thinking o *, when i realized all the other ways this fiasco could of ended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freemind View Post
I'm glad that you're okay Mitch.

Take lots of pictures and go to the shop and demand that they fix it and give you a loaner while it is in the shop.

If they refuse to fix it, ask them for the phone book so you can call the Ohio State Attorney General's Office, I bet that they will fix it then.

Just in case you need it,

http://www.ohioattorneygeneral.gov/

Good luck to you!
I took a couple of snaps on my phone, should suffice, not sure if the dealership will warranty it and repair it. Im not entirely sure they are responsible, although when you do a repair job such as the one they did, you pretty much have to remove every single front end component (including the ball joint and replacing the ball joint bolt) Im assuming it was the ball joint that failed. like I said the bolt was still right where it belongs with no visible damage, it seems to me that the bolt was loose I hit a little bump in the road causing the suspension to compress and the tire to travel upwards and the ball joint poped out of the bottom.

The reason that worries me they wont warranty it or fix is that Its been a while since they did the repairs, but the car hasnt been driven since I was extremely sick or in the hospital for most of the time since.