mitchv
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 79720
What I Drive: 2003 blue zx3

FF Reputation: 4 mitchv Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I think someone forgot to torque something

lol

So I got my car out of the shop about a month ago (a seal between the top and the bottom half of the motor+ rear main seal+ new clutch + new flywheel) I got it back and it drove great then I got really sick and spent the last 3 weeks in the hospital so the car hasn't really been driven except for a few times after the repair. Today on my way to school I hear a noise that sounds like I just hit the most massive pot hole on earth and the car snaps completely side ways. So now im sliding sideways down a main road at 45mph. I go to straighten it out and it snaps back to straight (felt like I was seriously on snow how fast it whipped back and forth) so I stomp the breaks down and the car lurches to the left into on the oncoming traffic lane and Im face to face with a brand new camero, I let up the breaks and whip the wheele as far right as possible. Started tappin the breaks (everytime I did the car lurched left) pulled the e break and skidded my way into someones front yard. The second I was over grass the car came to an abrubt stop. I got out and saw what you see above. If you cant make it out, My ball joint came out of the socket. The screw is still in place where it belongs not snapped or anything so im guesing the ball joint bolt was loose and thats what caused this. Also my drive shaft snapped in half (snapped at the part where it goes into the clamp for those that know).

So what do you guys think from the little info I gave and the cruddy picture. Loose ball joint bolt to blame? The place I had the work done did replace both ball joint bolts