pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unfocused1 View Post
Assuming it's Mexico, management, workers revolting against whatever, poor quality parts, design flaw, or other factors not being mentioned... All deregulation does is make the potential for fraud easier. It doesn't mean it will or won't happen, though.

Mine still makes the harmless noise, but 3500 miles in there's no slippage or anything scary. Yet.

I wouldn't blame Mexico for this, I'm not defending them or Ford, but, VW moved a LOT of its operations to Peubla, Mexico over 20 years ago, and all of thier Jetta's, some Polo's and the oddball Golf/Passat are fully assembled there now (they even export a lot of product to EU from there now), and, after some intial "teething pains" in the early/mid 90's, the quality of product mimics that of the Dresden, Germany plant. In fact, if you google the Peubla plant, they modeled it exactly off of the Germany plant (including the Canadian maple hardwood floors used throughout), and use the same practices and training there to ensure uniformity.
I would assume Ford uses similar practices, and as for parts. The Getrag DCT is built in Germany and shipped to the assembly plant, so, if it is indeed a DCT problem, the problem has absolutely nothing to do with the plant in Mexico. Programming on the other hand is Ford's issue, regardless of where the car is made.
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)