Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Apple implemented non-standard MAP with iOS6
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 11:26 AM   #4
unfocused1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 95246
What I Drive: 2012 Candy Blue Ford Focus SEL

Points 986, Level 16
Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16 Points: 986, Level: 16
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 unfocused1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
Per SMR, testing shows that iOS6 has a non-standard implementation of MAP, therefore texts won't work in a robust manner with MFT. Ford is trying to work with Apple.

http://www.nsapp.fordtechservice.dea...N_iop_2_00.pdf

"robust"? I think "reliable" Or "accurate" is more apropos...

And given how Apple was blathering about "open standards" some time ago (re: HTML5), giving back to the open source community that gave it much of OS X (and therefore iOS) in the first place, it's not exactly funny to read "non-standard", which is something every company would do to ensure "customer lock-in".

I used to be a fan of Apple, but ever since "You're holding it wrong!" followed up by the articles of the engineer letting the CEO who blamed the customer that there was a defect and that said CEO chose to ignore it, never mind more technical articles that show how these overpriced things are poorly built, it's been harder to like Apple ever since.