Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Injen sp series intake installed
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 10:43 AM   #31
greg hazlett
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 93486
What I Drive: 2012 Black Ford Focus SE Hatchback

FF Reputation: 3 greg hazlett Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Understand your point and I was answering the posts/questions about whether or not the OP had done the dyno work....I would have to go back and look at my dyno sheet to see what the AFR was.

I have said it before, there is only so much power that is going to be gained on a NA 4cyl 2.0L engine....the ST is a perfect example; gaining 90 hp with 19-20lbs of boost is not that impressive.

The heat soak discussion has been around since aftermarket companies have constructed intakes and I don't think there has been that much if any temperature differences between IAT's on plastic/metal intakes.

If I could afford it I would love to see an intake shootout via a dyno, same day, same conditions, etc....you see this in the mustang and larger markets but unfortunatley we will never see it on the Focus as it is just not that large of a market and will not get the exposure that the other brands/lines do.