klodkrawler05
Sooooooooooo EURO

Fan#: 47771
What I Drive: BMW's

FF Reputation: 26 klodkrawler05 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmeh! View Post
Klod we should set the "Max" accel at about what a 200 or 225ish pound guy could manage. Maybe more. Just don't give the featherweights such a big advantage. I can design the motor controller. I worked in power electronics.

Sent from my DROID2 using FF Mobile
well I was thinking more about in terms of fat guys are slow.

so say that max accel for a 140lb guy in a 9hp gasser kart is 100ft/min

with a 200lb guy that drops to maybe 90ft/min

so if you have 20hp electric karts they could have a theoretical max hp of 200ft/min for a 140lb guy and 180ft/min for a 200lb guy

so (if its possible) have a live updating speed sensor.

that way you can set the karts to have an artificial max acceleration of 100ft/min regardless of whose in the kart.

for a 140lb featherweight that might require 65% of max power for a 200lb guy that may require 70% of max power. if the kart is actively monitoring the change in wheel speed aka accel (and also max RPM?) you could then have the kart setup to supply whatever power is required to acheive max accel of 100ft/min regardless of whose driving with a max RPM of whatever you want it to be to limit the karts to say 45 mph. that way as batteries start to loose their charge etc the kart would be able to adjust to its conditions to continue supplying that accel/max mph that you've programmed it for until the batteries are no longer able to keep up.

li-po's would help prevent battery drop off but add cost (still potentially worth using though)

as another advantage and as a way to promote return customers you could have the karts have a 3 position switch:
Position 1: normal k2k type speeds
Position 2: advanced speeds for drivers who've completed more than X number of races at the track.
Position 3: "super kart" mode. for drivers with XX amount of races under their belt at the track, max power or at least say 90% of max power (so that the kart can match 140lb kart driver max speeds to 220lb kart driver max speeds)

they'd likely have wheel spin etc and would be the true drivers challenge but we're talking 55-70mph speeds assuming the karts can hook up.