Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Focus Electric Owners!
View Single Post
Old 11-29-2012, 05:35 AM   #29
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 267 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Memberwhynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Leafs are going cheaper with fewer miles- especially those from hotter climates. You can pick up a Leaf with less than 20k on it for less than $20K if you're crafty. All dealers will get charged taxes on the cars that they have on the lot after Jan.

The reason the Leafs are going cheaper is because of the reduced battery life of the Leaf in a hot climate. The batteries are replaced under warranty typically, but you should look for that. Take extra long test drives and have the person hook it up to a charger before you purchase it. The problem is (and this might not affect you) that the battery life is half what it was from the factory. You can at least use that information as bargaining power.

Driving only 6 miles to work is killing all your vehicles. The engine barely gets warmed up before you're there. If you can afford it, having an electric commuter makes more sense than destroying a gasoline vehicle. Sure, you won't have some problems of higher mileage cars, but you will have problems eventually. I call it "Little Old Lady Damage", and it's just as bad as teenage boy damage.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.