Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - New SYNC and MFT announced by Ford
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 06:58 PM   #26
JessicaTi
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 89253
What I Drive: 2012 Ti

FF Reputation: 4 JessicaTi Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
A lot of this (I haven't tested all of it yet) is in the 3.5.1 update. Auto-pairing, the ability to play Sirius stations by just saying the station name or play a radio station by just saying radio station frequency even when you are already on another audio source are part of 3.5.1. I wasn't able to test out my USB source and the ability to say just say "Play <name>" without saying "album" or "song" or whatever yet because I had to do a reboot last night (to get my Sirius traffic back) and my player was still indexing this morning so no voice commands. I'll test when indexing/BVC are complete.

Since 3.5.1 is still on TSB and no "official" announcement has been made by Ford over at SMR, or anywhere else I can see, I can't help wonder if this is really what they are talking about, or at least forms the base for what they are talking about.
3.5 will have wide release for systems without navigation in December, as early as Dec 10.

Vehicles with nav will receive updates in January.