View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:16 PM   #2
calebstubstad
Chef Boyardee

Fan#: 103240
What I Drive: 2000 Atlantic Blue LX

FF Reputation: 4 calebstubstad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
to get high and low beam headlights you'd have to retrofit. dont put hids in the stock housings, is an idiotic thing to do. get morimoto mini h1 projectors from theretrofitsource.com and do it that way. but the complete kit with hids and youll have 10x better lighting that stock, and probably 15x better than hids in stock housing. it is actually worse light in front of you. the kit costs 270 bucks, and you literally have to bake the headlights apart (hot to's available on here), and they bolt in and then have a splitter that hooks to your original wiring harness to give you the easiest and most effective HIDs you can buy. they also are bi-xenon meaning they have a little piece that when you turn your brights on, goes down to give you a full high beam light, with better output than anything. trust the guys on here, spend the time (3hours) and money (270 bucks) on a retrofit and you'll love it forever.

as for fog lights, get under the car and look where said fog lights would be and if there isnt wiring there, then you gotta buy a complete kit. i got mine on ebay for 125 and it includes everything including amazing customer service. ill try to find a link to the page here shortly. and if there is wiring, well you gotta replace the headlight switch to one that allows fog lights, get a fog light relay, get the housings and grille for the fog lights, and then put them in and get bulbs for them. I highly doubt you can get those parts much cheaper or easier than the kit on ebay though, so i recommend getting that. if you have questions about it pm me or email me (calebstubstad@hotmail.com) and i'd be glad to help with either thing, as I did install the foglights myself in a short amount of time, and i've been studying the retrofit project for awhile and saving up money to do it
Rally Revolution #43
[HOONIGAN]
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Not the bear the zoo deserves, but the bear the zoo needs.