Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Focus in snow
Thread: Focus in snow
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:55 PM   #29
consciousthirteen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106649
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 consciousthirteen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by matmatician View Post
Seattle drivers have been documented by insurance agencies and personal experience to be some of the worst drivers in the US. Everyone with an 87 Subaru Outback thinks they can drive in the snow... you know what I mean?
I lived there for 2 years. Oh.My.Buddha. Horrible. It goes beyond the 'asian drivers' too. I don't really give the stereotype too much focus. I have a friend who is from the Philippines and all she had to do was pay $50 and had a license there. WA let her drive without any testing with that 'license' and her Prius's condition shows how uneducated she is at operating a vehicle. I am willing to bet it's like that for a lot of others.

I had a Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4 and it was fine. I can understand getting 1" of snow in the city is a nightmare. Going up to The Summit for snowboarding was great. Fly by all the people and semi's who had to pull over and chain up.

I'm looking forward to the first snow here in Michigan. I have some all season tires on the Focus but that should be fine. I managed two Michigan winters in my SRT-4 with summer tires and only couldn't leave my parking spot once.