Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - 2012 steering issue.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:52 AM   #22
joe77
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 103302
What I Drive: 2012 Grey Titanium Focus

FF Reputation: 1 joe77 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi Buddy, Hope all is well...As I told you about a month ago, I was getting used to the steering, taken it as 'it is what it is' etc...I was away for the holiday and rented a car at the airport, and guess what they gave me...a 2012 Ford focus Hatch Titanium (just like mine) with 25k miles on it. From the start I took off with the car, I realized what my orignal steering felt like - PERFECT! Now I am pissed. This is what my car felt like before the accident and replacement of the original rack. The center feel was tight, responsive, and never ever wandered a bit on any road imperfection. The center feel was perfect, especially at highway speed.

I'm due for an oil change at no charge at bay ridge in a few weeks and will bring it up to them, and I kind of know what they will say ' it is normal' etc..have you had any luck with a different dealer? Honestly, if I never drove the rent a car I probably would have just suck it up and keep it as is, but the difference in steering is night and day, and now I want what I originally had and paid for.