Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Ford to Launch Fiesta ST in North America, Brings Big Speed and Style to the Small Car Market
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 10:38 AM   #53
swansong
Focus Addict

Fan#: 83576
What I Drive: 2008 Saab 9-3 Aero SportCombi XWD

FF Reputation: 10 swansong Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (4)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malibooya View Post
Good observation. A variation of the Revo, maybe? I don't understand why Ford wouldn't come out and say it's the Revoknuckle if that's the case, considering it was a big selling point for the Focus ST.
Focus ST doesn't actually have Revoknuckle, like the RS did. The electronic limited slip does the job well enough, according to Ford.

Quote:
Chief on our day's mission traveling through Provence would be to determine how successfully Ford has quelled torque steer fears in this powerful front-driver. Thanks to its innovative RevoKnuckle front suspension, the more powerful RS500 put its power down startlingly well, but there's no RevoKnuckle to be found on this car officials tell us it was unnecessarily heavy and costly for the ST's output, and besides, advanced electronics have done the job well enough. After caning the ST over hundreds of kilometers along the Mediterranean coast, we're inclined to agree with them.
http://www.autoblog.com/2012/06/25/2...-drive-review/
Gone: 2002 SVT, #1654

Hers: 2010 Focus SES: 73k, Ebony, Auto, Moon and Tune