Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Rain Sensing Wipers
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 11:26 AM   #5
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,284, Level 35
Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35 Points: 3,284, Level: 35
Level Up 56% Completed
Level up: 56% Level up: 56% Level up: 56%
Forum Activity 18%
Activity: 18% Activity: 18% Activity: 18%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 12_T_Hatch View Post
Hey all, quick question for those with the rain sensing wipers. When you leave the wipers in "auto" mode do your wipers dry wipe the windshield every time you start the car? I can't check this at the dealership since that option isn't available anymore with the 2013 Focus Thanks for the help!
Hey there,

Definitely bring this up the next time you talk to your CSM; they can always consult with a technical subject matter expert to get a definitive answer in the hands of your dealer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaaru View Post
I had this issue with my auto wipers back this summer. Dealer had to replace the interior rain sensing module mounted on the inside of the windshield. The problem was first, intermittent and then as time passed it became a dry swipe each time the engine was started. Since the replacement of the rain sensing module, I had no other occurence of this ''dry swipe'' thing. It looked pretty silly when I started the car on a bright and sunny afternoon with not a cloud in view.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ricomtl View Post
No, it should not wipe automatically at every car start.

However, it will trigger a wipe of the sensor detects moisture on the windshield when starting up the car, and if you happen to back-up at the same time, the rear wiper will do a courtesy wipe even if the rear wiper is turned off.
Thanks for sharing your experiences, Kaaru and ricomtl!

Have a great day,
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply