Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Sounds like motorcycle following me
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:47 AM   #8
FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

Points 3,107, Level 34
Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34 Points: 3,107, Level: 34
Level Up 38% Completed
Level up: 38% Level up: 38% Level up: 38%
Forum Activity 24%
Activity: 24% Activity: 24% Activity: 24%
FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmnCA View Post
Got the car back today - yesterday 3 guys had to drive it before they heard the noise which I thought was very loud - maybe they have hearing damage from the air wrenches. By then it was end of day so they gave us a rental.

Today they confirmed it was the right rear wheel bearing, and replaced it. Yay!

I also mentioned the fact that since the software update "recall" was performed on our car earlier this year - not at our request but when we brought it in for an oil change - it has been giving us a rattle as it shifts from 1-2 gear. Previously, our car had not had any signs of the DCT problems, so I was dismayed that an "update" actually made the car worse. It didn't shudder or jerk like some owners have experienced but just seemed to shift too early and not smoothly. Driving the rental Focus reminded us of how our car used to feel before the update!

So they did reset the "memory" (re-install the software update? I don't know, husband picked up the car and was in a hurry) and my husband said pulling out from the dealer the car did not do it any more, but then he drove home 20 miles on the highway and when he picked me up there was a bit of a rattle... not as bad as before.

So now I remember there being a post about a set of maneuvers that are supposed to be performed after this transmission update is applied, to set the parameters or something. I guess I will find that and complete them in the AM, but it seems too late since the car had been driven over 20 miles. Maybe I should go back, ask them to re-update again and then do the maneuvers right away - has anyone had success with that?
Hey tmnCA,

I'm glad to hear that your dealership got to the bottom of the motorcycle noise; since you're now having a new issue with your transmission, I'm happy to jump in here and see how I can help. Send me a PM with your VIN, dealer, mileage, daytime phone number, and full name; I'll escalate your case and get your regional customer service manager involved.

Let me know if you have any other questions.

Thanks!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordServiceUS facebook.com/FordFocus

M - F 11 a.m. - 8 p.m. ET | Send a PM? Pls allow 2 business days for reply