Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Help!! 2013 focus. Need your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 09:46 AM   #29
suss6052
Focus Addict

Fan#: 95752
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus ST2 Ingot Silver

Points 9,584, Level 65
Points: 9,584, Level: 65 Points: 9,584, Level: 65 Points: 9,584, Level: 65
Level Up 78% Completed
Level up: 78% Level up: 78% Level up: 78%
Forum Activity 32%
Activity: 32% Activity: 32% Activity: 32%
FF Reputation: 24 suss6052 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Tom View Post
May I ask one more question? What's the difference between Selectshift and Powershift? Which of the two would my Focus have? Titanium edition...fyi.
Selectshift is the S gate on the gear shift lever which also allows for manual shifting through the gears without the use of a clutch pedal with the click of the switch on the gear lever. If putting it into S without touching the switch the car remains in sport shift automatic mode which uses gears 1-5, and more aggressively downshifts on braking to bring the engine speed up to keep the car in the powerband.

Powershift is Ford's trademarked name for the dual clutch automated manual transmission (DCT).

The Titanium if it is an auto will have the PowerShift DPS6 with the Selectshift feature.

The base S/SE with the Powershift transmission only have a L range instead of a sport mode as well as a hill grade assist switch that locks the car out of 6th gear instead of the manual shift switch.