Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Help!! 2013 focus. Need your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:35 AM   #26
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by slybarman View Post
I was deciding between the golf tdi and the focus. 3 things pushed me away from the golf, despite the fact I loved how it drove.

1) very few options available as you describe. No leather, no auto climate control, minimal tech, etc.
2) my car lives outside and in the winter it gets snow and ice on it. The tdi will not warm up while at idle, so remote start is useless and clearing snow and ice seemed like it would be more difficult without defrost. With the focus I hit the remote start and come out to a warm car with clear windows.
3) there seem to be design issues with the hpfp in the tdi that have left some people unhappy with very high repair costs.

Sent from my Obamaphone using FF Mobile.
High repair costs is one thing that does frighten me. Every owner I've communicated with have stated that you really have to stay on top of the maintenance or the car puts you in the penalty box. I always do service my cars on schedule, but the point is the TDi seems to be very unforgiving. I must admit, at this point the Focus looks like the smart money.

One more question....while taking a test drive yesterday, I noticed a loud buzzing noise that came through the speakers. I couldn't hear the radio...only the constant "bzzzzzz...." then it went away. have you experienced that in your car?