Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - Help!! 2013 focus. Need your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 08:06 AM   #24
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

Points 1,290, Level 19
Points: 1,290, Level: 19 Points: 1,290, Level: 19 Points: 1,290, Level: 19
Level Up 90% Completed
Level up: 90% Level up: 90% Level up: 90%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by terpsnation View Post
I have a Droid X (original, not X2) and it is definitely compatible w/ MFT.

Can make calls, text and stream music. One bug I've noticed is that randomly when I get a text it will say it's from one specific person in my phone when it's actually from someone completely different. Whenever this bug occurs, it always displays it as from the same person, rather than the actual message sender. Not really sure why it does this, and it seems to be intermittent.

As for DCT, like another poster wrote, it is a little jerky in traffic, but also seems to be intermittent. I drive in DC traffic, and in the morning when I accelerate a tiny bit while crawling in traffic, that car will accelerate noticeably 2 or 3 times. This only seems to happen on cold mornings. I park in a parking garage during the day, and on the way home I don't notice the jerky-ness.
Thanks for that feedback. Glad to know there's somebody else using the original Droid X still, besides myself. Now I don't feel so obsolete. I drove the car last evening and I was overall very impressed with the car. The only real gripe I have is the leg room in the back. By comparison the VW Jetta with TDI which is my other consideration has more leg room but also feels much larger. There's advantages and disadvantages to both. I must say, the Ford stands out a tech feature laden car when compared to the VW. Not to many bells and whistles on the VW. In fact, it's pretty stark when you compare the two. The VW is more basic with manual climate controls and no MFT, manual on/off headlights, etc. Also, the VW being a turbo diesel, there will be higher maintenance cost. One plus is that with VW they do offer free maintenance for 3yr/36k. If things go snap and a part is needed, the parts will also be more pricey. On the plus side of things, the VW can reach out to 50MPG (according to some owners I've spoken to) which is huge and the torque curve on the car is great! Lots of low end torque with that turbo diesel. Still, they're tradeoffs. No question in terms of bang for the buck, you can't beat the Ford. So I'm trying to weigh all of this out. I think I would be happy with either car and by the way, the VW has a few niggling issues with it also....like the Focus. I was hoping there would be a clear cut winner, but since both have issues it makes the decision much harder for me. We'll see what happens today after I talk to the VW guy about payment, etc.. By the way...I got a super low payment on the Focus $312 per mo. Gotta love 0% APR for 60 mos. So that's a big consideration also.