Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Accelerator sticking.
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 05:30 AM   #13
whynotthinkwhynot
Captain TMI

Fan#: 18416
What I Drive: 05 ZXW; 02 Windstar; 13 C-Max SEL

FF Reputation: 270 whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member whynotthinkwhynot Outstanding Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
HOLY OLD THREAD FROM EONS AGO!!!!

Yeah, this thread is 2yrs old guys. Check right above the avatar and you'll see the date of the post. Typically I ask that members start their own threads on their problems even if a thread seems to be the same issue. Seems to be, and is the same issue is not the same thing. For example: ebrunke is having problems with an 03 Focus. The sticky throttle body problem is associated with the plastic TB 05+ models not the earlier Focis.

Ebrunke, I think your problem is the throttle cable. You should pop the hood, work the throttle by hand, and see if it sticks, if it doesn't, have someone work the throttle in the car. If that still doesn't cause it to stick, then you should start checking out vacuum. Your engine is known for having issues with the PCV vacuum line, and that typically causes idle issues which might explain your uncontrolled acceleration- although that's the first I've heard of that problem doing that exactly.

Blue Rocket: you too have an SVT, so not the same issue as the 05+ Focis- however it could still be, so be sure to check out that TB and clean it. Now follow the advice I gave Ebrunke and see if the cable is sticking. If not, then start checking out vacuum. You also have things like the DSI clip to check out, but IIRC, that causes stumbling in high rpm acceleration. I would check out that PCV, although I don't think SVTs are suspect for that particular Zetec issue caused by the PCV vacuum line being run too close to the exhaust.

Both of you should consider starting your own threads though, as you can see, same basic result, but since you have different engines, it is most likely due to a different cause. Thanks.

Moderating everything now, let me know if I can help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by the user formerly known as ZX3_Chick View Post
You're special aren't you.