Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - My '06 ZX5 daily driver build
View Single Post
Old 11-28-2012, 12:40 AM   #1
consciousthirteen
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 106649
What I Drive: 2006 Sonic Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 consciousthirteen Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
My '06 ZX5 daily driver build

Had a 2001 Jeep Cherokee Sport. Was stolen. Wanted something with better fuel economy, manual, and either a wagon or hatch.
Found this:

It's not in the greatest shape. Crappy cell pics hide a bit. Worst is the driver's door at the bottom front area is bubbling. Behind the wheel in that pic is some minor rust. Scratches and dents around. Hope to get it all touched up some time if it ain't gonna cost too much.

I don't like the wheels at all but they came with the car and are wrapped in new rubber so it'll be fine for the winter.

Will post more pics soon.

First thing I did was put LED bulbs in the back for the license plate. They were both out...so why not?

Next thing to do is get the suspension right and get rid of the loud squeak coming from somewhere in the back passenger area. Pretty sure it needs an alignment too. There's a lot of vibration. Not sure how normal that is. I've been driving around in an '04 BMW 530i so it's a lot different.

Once all the NEEDED stuff is taken care of and it's running tip top, I'll be getting around to the wants.
1. New head unit and speakers. Possibly an amp to really get the most out of the 4 speakers. Thinking Kenwood Excelon all around. Head unit - x796
2. Shorty antenna
3. Tint
4. Intake
5. Catback exhaust

Not sure what else right now.

Last edited by consciousthirteen; 11-28-2012 at 01:10 AM. Reason: added the list of future modifications