Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - MFT 3.5.1 bugs
Thread: MFT 3.5.1 bugs
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 03:59 PM   #27
Darth_Focus
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104539
What I Drive: 2012,Tuxedo Black, Titanium

Points 2,129, Level 27
Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27 Points: 2,129, Level: 27
Level Up 86% Completed
Level up: 86% Level up: 86% Level up: 86%
Forum Activity 5%
Activity: 5% Activity: 5% Activity: 5%
FF Reputation: 1 Darth_Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Very strange problem. Spoke with a nice chap at ford help desk but to no avail. I just got the car back from the dealer with the new update due to my phone periodically losing its text ability with 3.0.2. Used to need to odd fuse pull.

Now it's doing something the MFT team has never heard of. The phone is an HTC One S, and it is a supported phone. Heres what its doing:

Text comes in. It's displayed on MFT. I press listen or view depending on if I'm moving or not. I can here the message and/or see the message. I then press reply and select one of the pre-written responses. The "sending message" box appears, followed by "send message failed". Problem is, the message Does actually get sent, every time. I look at my phone and there it is. Top it off, that very message also appears back on MFT.

Next problem. I press the steering wheel paddle and say "listen to message" only to be greeted by "this device does not support texting" When in fact it does support it, and is supporting it.

I've done multiple re-connects and even did the hard reset and it still won't work right. It also pairs differently. Before it worked like this:

I'd begin the pairing procedure and MFT would display the 6 digit pin I'm supposed to enter in my phone. It still does this...........but, on top of that another window pops up with a completely different 6 digit code asking me if I see that same number on my phone, which I do. I then press pair and it connects.

Hope that's not all confusing.