Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Is anybody ever going to do anything with these n/a engines?
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:42 AM   #17
amoosenamedhank
Focus Addict

Fan#: 96374
What I Drive: 2012 SE Hatch

FF Reputation: 3 amoosenamedhank Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommyatomic View Post
Different sensor.
Different Fuel tables because NA vs Turbo means different compression
Also additional tables for factory boost control map

Doesnt matter.
Its not an actual issue unless you want some sort of mailorder chip like from the 1990's. I assure you that you dont want that.

Once there is any actual tuning option for the Ti-VCT ecu's there will be options to load different fuel and ignition tables regardless of sensors.

Once there's tuning for the Ti-VCT pretty much sky's the limit for optimized bolt on tuning and packages for bolton forced induction kits.

Its a pretty safe bet that some suit at Ford asked Cobb and SCT and Roush and whom ever else not to release any aftermarket tuning until the Focus ST is firmly marketed in north america.
hmmm I think you've misunderstood me. I'm well aware of the tuning process. I self tuned my MS6 using Cobb's AP and software.

My point being a lot of people are basing their hope for support of the NA focus on the fact that companies are releasing tuning solutions for the ST. I feel this is false hope and that information used to tune the ST will not be relevant to the NA model.

If anything, we the ST out, we're less likely to receive support than the other way around.

Cobb has already released a statement a few years ago saying they would only be working with factory turbo charged vehicles; so don't expect to see an AP for the NA focus.