Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - A better understanding of the 2012 ATX
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:05 AM   #14
84Camaro_L69
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105844
What I Drive: 2012 Diamond Tri Coat White SEL HB

FF Reputation: 1 84Camaro_L69 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I found this MotorTrend article while doing some searching. It's a fix/reflash for the 2012/2013 manual/auto transmissions that eliminates the feeling of the manual in the automatic. I'm trying to get a hold of my local dealer service department, but it keeps going to voicemail.

"Starting in October, new transmission control code was rolled out quietly. There's no official recall or service campaign, but anybody who complains or requests an upgrade at the dealership can have their powertrain control computer re-flashed."

"... the changes smoothed his transmission's launch behavior noticeably and finally allowed it to creep up his sloped driveway and into the garage in reverse without his having to nervously dither the gas pedal as before."

"Sure enough, my Focus Titanium's six-speed PowerShift felt much more like a mainstream DSG at launch, creeping with feet off the pedals, and during shifts, and it now handles parallel parking maneuvers with no lurching. The behavior during "low-speed change-of-mind shifts" (when you jump off and back on the throttle) was still a bit jerky, but a further December software tweak (not reflected on my test car) is said to have addressed this, along with improvements to same-shaft downshifts (i.e. fourth to second gears)."

Read more: http://www.motortrend.com/features/a...#ixzz2DRYAfdwr