Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - New SYNC and MFT announced by Ford
View Single Post
Old 11-27-2012, 11:50 AM   #22
pozi240
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 94835
What I Drive: 2012 Focus 5 door SEL Kona Blue

FF Reputation: 4 pozi240 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
A lot of this (I haven't tested all of it yet) is in the 3.5.1 update. Auto-pairing, the ability to play Sirius stations by just saying the station name or play a radio station by just saying radio station frequency even when you are already on another audio source are part of 3.5.1. I wasn't able to test out my USB source and the ability to say just say "Play <name>" without saying "album" or "song" or whatever yet because I had to do a reboot last night (to get my Sirius traffic back) and my player was still indexing this morning so no voice commands. I'll test when indexing/BVC are complete.

Since 3.5.1 is still on TSB and no "official" announcement has been made by Ford over at SMR, or anywhere else I can see, I can't help wonder if this is really what they are talking about, or at least forms the base for what they are talking about.
^ This! Exactly my thinking as well, I have tested most of the new aspects of 3.5.1 and it does everything mentioned in the article (for the most part anyway... it does have a tendancy to "hang" once and a while). I agree though, this is most likely just the "official" announcement of 3.5.1 (or maybe a "refined" version of it anyway).
2008 Kawasaki Concours 14 (street)
2008 Kawasaki ZX10R (track only)