Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by JessicaTi View Post
First quarter 2013.

•Simplified Bluetooth® phone pairing: When pairing, the driver simply has to hit “OK” if the PIN on the phone and touch screen match each other

•More natural voice recognition: Drivers can now simply say “Play <name>” when requesting a specific artist, song, album or genre of music (i.e. “Play jazz” versus “Play genre jazz”)

•Improved voice recognition accuracy: The latest version of Nuance’s speech software, VoCon® 3200 v4.2, improves overall voice recognition performance

•Flattened audio command structure: At any time, drivers can say the station frequency, “AM 760,” or the official name of the Sirius station, like “Hits 1,” to tune in; drivers no longer need to say “Radio” or “Sirius” to indicate their desire to listen to those audio sources

•Simplified navigation controls: The destination entry screen has been improved to help make it easier to enter an address
A lot of this (I haven't tested all of it yet) is in the 3.5.1 update. Auto-pairing, the ability to play Sirius stations by just saying the station name or play a radio station by just saying radio station frequency even when you are already on another audio source are part of 3.5.1. I wasn't able to test out my USB source and the ability to say just say "Play <name>" without saying "album" or "song" or whatever yet because I had to do a reboot last night (to get my Sirius traffic back) and my player was still indexing this morning so no voice commands. I'll test when indexing/BVC are complete.

Since 3.5.1 is still on TSB and no "official" announcement has been made by Ford over at SMR, or anywhere else I can see, I can't help wonder if this is really what they are talking about, or at least forms the base for what they are talking about.