DerbyCityGinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106672
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 DerbyCityGinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by VillageT View Post
Unfortunately the bolt pattern on the SVT (Ztec) engine is completely different from the Dtec.
Thanks, I didn't even think about the different engines. I did find out they made a 2005 ST model, I guess that's always a possiblity. I think that the ST that year had a 2.3 instead of the 2.0 though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by drewts86
Have you had someone scan for the CEL codes? I had the same issue awhile back that seems to be resurfacing. Transmission doesn't want to engage any gear at times? Auto trans has the manual-trans-that's-slipping-a-clutch feeling when changing gears? I replaced solenoid in the trans-pan and that fixed it for the time, but, like I said, the issue is surfacing again.
Last time I had the CEL code checked I was told I have an O2 sensor out. I don't have the money to replace it right now. It has that slipping feel to it, sometimes it doesn't want to change gear. I got it rebuilt (or I had the transmission replaced with a rebuilt one, can't remember which) when it wouldn't shift to third gear at all.

There's one more thing, and I'm not sure if this has anything to do with the transmission because I've never seen anything like it before: sometimes when I come to a stop, usually at a red light, the whole car cuts off and I have to throw it in neutral and turn the key to start it again. I thought that might be an electrical problem but I just had the battery replaced 2-3 weeks ago and it's done it twice since then.