jlawlax1344
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 99464
What I Drive: 2003-CD Silver-SPI-5spd

FF Reputation: 1 jlawlax1344 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by swagfocuswagon View Post
I see. Thanks! I replaced the battery terminal cable going from the batt. to the alt. and it worked a little. But yeah this thing is utterly gutless. And I feel its destroying my fuel economy. I floored it yesterday it screamed but did nothing. So how do I get to the wire going to my starter? I suppose Ill have to raise my car on jacks and do it that way?

Thanks,
Patrick!

I have never ran a new wire to the starter. I just have a 0 guage from the + battery to the alt +; then battery - to chasis ground; then battery - to engine ground; and engine to chasis ground. I've never personally touched the starter, but it can probably be done. If your engine is lacking power like that, go through and change the air filter, or do what i did to mine and make it a SRI with a K&N or Spectre filter, get better spark plugs (i have NGK iridium) new plug wires (8.5mm high energy suspension) and a new coil pack. Then get some throttle body cleaner and clean your TB and and make sure the cable (if its a cable driven TB) is tight and when the pedal is at full throttle the TB plate is at 90degrees. Other than that get a tune possibly done to the engine. If THAT doesnt do it...i have no clue what is wrong because doing all that worked for mine like a charm. And i am currently running an aftermarket head unit, 2 12" subs and a 1500W amp off everything and still havent lost power or had light dimming.

Hope it helps!!!
2 12" rockford fosgate subs,1500w Hifonics amp, throttle spacer, performance chip, FSWerks 2.5" race exhaust, custom CAI w/Spectre 10.5x6 filter Blue leds all around pulsating in the trunk, smoked taillights and turn signals