Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum - View Single Post - When will I get my ETA?
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 05:11 PM   #1
felixdd
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 105655
What I Drive: 2013 Oxford White SE sports

FF Reputation: 1 felixdd Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
When will I get my ETA?

Hoping someoone here can help me

So I ordered my 2013 Focus SE on Oct 31/Nov 1 (or anyways, the dealer claims to have put in the order). However, they've yet to approach me with the ETA.

Now, I'm fully prepared to wait for the car. However, I'd expect a ballpark ETA from the factory/dealership (the week of ____, for example). The dealer's telling me that the car just "shows up" when they have it, which confuses me -- how am I supposed to have enough time to arrange my insurance, license plate, etc.?

Anyways, I'm trying to plan my life for the next few months, and I need to know when the car is arriving (for road trips, car repairs, traveling, etc.).

I have an order number printed on a copy of the invoice for the order that they gave me, although I don't know if this is an internal-to-dealer invoice number or whether it works with the Ford Factory too.

Is there someone that can help me? Or are both the dealership and I at the mercy of the factory here? Thanks!