Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2005 ZX5 Transmission Modification
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 03:06 PM   #1
DerbyCityGinger
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106672
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX5

FF Reputation: 1 DerbyCityGinger Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
2005 ZX5 Transmission Modification

Hey guys, this is my first post on here, so a small introduction (scroll down to skip). I've had my Focus for about 3 years now but haven't really done anything to it. I bought it used and it came with a short ram intake. That's about it. I put this question here as my Focus is a 2.0 Duratec, even though this is a transmission question. If I messed up, please let me know.

So it's an automatic transmission 2005 Focus SE ZX5 hatchback. I think the transmission is about to crap out (again...) because the O/D OFF light keeps blinking on the highway no matter what I do. I'm through with automatic transmissions. I know it is pricey to convert the car to manual but I love my car and don't want a new one. I know they did not make a SVT in 2005. I was wondering if it was possible to put a 2004 SVT transmission into the car. I'm not sure how much that would cost and it if it's even possible I probably won't be able to do it until the current transmission gives out. I went to a dealership today and talked to half the mechanics and none of them could give me an answer. Go figure.

So, long story short: Is it possible to convert a 2005 automatic to a 2004 SVT manual, and if so how much could that cost?