copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragonpalm View Post
BLUETOOTH AUDIO. 3.5.1 added an elapse timer shown on the Bluetooth audio screen........the elapse timer will correctly show 0:00 and start counting up.
Gotta admit I laughed my a$$ off when I noticed they added this to BT in 3.5.1. You got your car w/3.0.2 and have always had a count-up timer for your USB music source. Those of us that originally had 2.XX used to have a song progress bar. You knew not only how long the song had been playing but also how long that was relative to the entire track length. A count-up only timer is useless, it provides no valuable information (unless one wants to memorize the track lengths of their entire collection). A count-down timer would make more sense as you would know when it reached 0:00 the track would be over. Another approach would be the count-up timer and total track length, for example start at 0:00/4:54 and have the first part count up.

When I first noticed the song progress bar had been removed and replaced with the count-up timer in 3.0.2 to me it screamed "We put no thought into this design." It seemed no one on the design team (if they even had a team) questioned/analyzed anything. "Why are we putting this particular feature here?", "Does this feature provide the user with any valuable information?", "Is there a use for this?" Had anyone questioned this I would like to hope that they would have come to the conclusion that no, it does not serve a purpose. Seems more of a case of "We are just putting this here for the sake of putting it here." That is why I got a chuckle when they took the same senseless approach and transferred it ti the BT audio source as well.