Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Help!! 2013 focus. Need your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 01:45 PM   #10
dragonpalm
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 104183
What I Drive: 2013 White Platinum Titanium Sedan

FF Reputation: 3 dragonpalm Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Welcome to the forum!

Like you, I did a lot of research on the 2013 Focus before I bought it. But I did and even though I don't regret buying it, it does have very annoying issues, mainly with MyFordTouch.

I have a 2013 that was MSRP'd at $27k. Needless to say, it has every available option on it so I thought it would be flawless. Nope.

MFT is the biggest issue I have with this car. I own an Apple iPhone 4S, one of the most popular phones on the planet and MFT cannot play nicely with it, even with the latest update. These issues include poor Bluetooth streaming audio and a voice navigation system that can be painful to use. Some might say these issues are minor, and that big issues would be mechanical. But to me, MFT is supposed to make your life easier and it falls short.

If you can get over MFT or decide not to get it, the car mechanically is great (although time will tell). There's a few creaks and rattles here and there (there's a lot of plastic on this car) but it's not too bad. The DCT, at least on my car, works great with no issues.

Shop around, drive tons of other cars and goodluck!