copernicium112
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 87742
What I Drive: 2012 Sonic Blue Ti Sedan

FF Reputation: 4 copernicium112 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigbot45 View Post
1) All of the Sirius information services I pay extra $$$ for stop working randomly.
Yeah, I was really hoping this was going to be fixed, especially as I just renewed for two years traffic/travel link, but seems so far it is not. I don't get the "unsubscribed" thing so much as I get the fact that the information just stops integrating with the map all of the sudden (but I still show as "subscribed"). In my scenario a power cycle doesn't bring it back. I have to run a delayed reboot to get it back (and I no longer have music voice commands because I have to wait for my iPod to index/build voice commands again after every reboot). The remaining services (weather, sports, fuel prices, etc.) also seem to take a really, really, really long time to load now. I wish there was some sort of manual "refresh" or "re-sync" screen button that would cause it to re-process/re-integrate the signal.

Quote:
4) The navigation seems to stutter, and will change the view from 3D to 2D on its own.
I haven't had this but mine does change zoom level randomly after certain events, primarily switching light/dark mode or checking the weather map and returning to the nav map. Upon light/dark redraw or return from weather map it is usually zoomed out one increment further than it was before doing so (even though the legend still lists the same scale on the map as it was prior e.g., 0.5 mi)

Quote:
5) MFT is still too sensitive to changing ambient light. I drive lots of back roads and while transitioning from light to shade, or while driving during dawn/dusk, the light level of the MFT can change every 10 seconds, very distracting.
No doubt. I swear sometimes I'm going to have seizure when I drive down a tree-lined road and enter into shadows and out of shadows across the road frequently. Usually I am out the shadows before it even finishes redrawing the dark screen so as soon as it gets done redrawing, it realizes it is lighter out and it immediately blanks and starts redrawing the light screen (and, after the first transition, my zoom has been changed).

All of these didn't happen to me w/2.11 and just started after 3.0.2 so I was really hoping they were going to be addressed w/3.5.1 but apparently they were not.