Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Help!! 2013 focus. Need your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:18 PM   #6
Just Tom
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 106663
What I Drive: 2013 Focus Ti (5 Dr.)

FF Reputation: 3 Just Tom Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TehMark View Post
To give you a worthwhile response we'll need to know what type of phone you have and what you expect to be able to do with the car's infotainment system. As far as the DCT is concerned, you shouldn't have to worry as most of the concerns have been resolved with software updates to the transmission. DCT isn't as responsive as normal transmissions but it is fine for daily driving. The only time it becomes annoying is when stuck in standstill traffic. Crawling along at ~3-5mph speeds is a little jerky.
I'm using a Motorola Droid X. Basically I'd like to be able to stream music from my phone and possibly read text messages, but I'm not sure the Droid X is compatible. However, my biggest concern is the transmission. I live in SoCal and as everyone knows our traffic sucks! Come to think of it...all traffic sucks, but ours is among the worst. So the tranny issue of stop and go..creeping along between 3-5MPH will certainly come in to play for me. For those of you with the 2012's, did the updates eliminate the tranny problem (DCT)?