FordService
Official Ford Rep

Fan#: 79824
What I Drive: Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 18 FordService Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by I Bleed Ford Blue View Post
A few weeks ago there was a thread about hard starting. The issue was the engine was cranking longer than normal. My focus was one of the affected cars with this issue. Well, what I thought was the underlying problem turned out to be exactly what I thought, a bad battery. Some time around 2004-05 Ford changed the supplier for the batteries used on the assembly line and ever since the failure rate is much higher, than the batteries from around 1995-2003 era.

Anyway, Saturday night mine would not start at all, so this morning the wife called roadside assistance and had the car towed (on ford's dime) to the dealer and they checked it out, and sure enough, bad battery. They suspect a dead cell. Battery was replaced and all is well for now, until it happens again.

When I had my F150, they replaced the battery under warranty 3 times for the same problem, until I gave up and went out and bought my own from VatoZone. Never had a problem again.

So if anyone else is having the same issue, (and still using the OEM battery) have your battery checked out.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinxb View Post
Another dead battery checking in. Late Saturday night my car would not start at all. It didn't even try to turn over, I would only hear some eletrical relay-type sounds. The outside lights were dim, but all the interior lights still turned on including the MFT screen, which said it was in "battery saver" mode.

Luckily a friend had jumper cables and we were able to get the car started. Sunday morning the car wouldn't start again. Called Ford roadside assistance and they sent a tow truck out. The driver was able to jump it again so I could get it to the dealer. They just called and told me it was a bad battery. The service writer said he hadn't seen any others in with dead batteries so hopefully it was just a fluke.
Hey folks,

Thanks for taking the time to share your experiences. If you're in the market for a new battery, these coupons will save you some cash: http://owner.ford.com/servlet/Conten...iceCouponsPage

As always, if you have any questions, just send me a PM and I'll get you some answers.

Have a great day!
Crystal

p: 800.392.FORD
t: @FordService @FordFocus @Ford
f: facebook.com/FordFocus facebook.com/Ford