Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - In cabin Air filter 2012 Focus
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 12:23 PM   #43
Silver 2012 Focus
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 93854
What I Drive: 2012 Silver Ford Focus

FF Reputation: 1 Silver 2012 Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
OK - I was able to do it

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kevin_agar View Post
I took mine out today and replaced it... 10 minute job and did not remove or unplug any pcm parts or disconnect the battery. Here's the secret... There is a small downward facing vent under the glovebox. Undo the bolt and push the vent to the left. Pull the old filter out in an arc through the space where the downwards facing vent was while squeezing the filter as previously noted by others. To install u simply push the filter in through this space while squeezing the end a bit and just feed it in on an arc (like making a left hand turn kinda)... Occasionally aligning and manipulating the top then bottom back and forth until it is all the way in. It is a pain but it does go in in less than 3minutes... Then just slide the vent over 2 inches to the right and tighten the small bolt.... Install the cover and u r done.
OK - that wasn't the easiest thing I have ever done but using your instructions, I was able to wiggle and squeeze the old one out and the new one in. I don't know if I'm going to be as good about doing it again in 20,000 miles though.