Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - For Sale: Trunk and hatch LED conversion kit SALE!
View Single Post
Old 11-26-2012, 08:06 AM   #57
VonKrause
Unicorn Owner

Fan#: 72283
What I Drive: 2009 Ice Blue 5 speed 4 door FoFo

FF Reputation: 7 VonKrause Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by adrst2.3 View Post
hey have you tried using a crimper and .093 molex pins and connectors for your mods?

if your interested i can pm you with info on these connectors..let me know

bump for you!!!
Always interested in new things, sure I'll take a look at it.

What I am using right now is a plug adapter that I slide the wires into and fold them back against the plug. It's quick, it's easy, and makes installation a breeze. The only issue is Ford changed the bulb socket after 2011 (whereas the 2000-2011 were the same) so the plug won't work in a 2012. If I could track down a similar plug that fits the 2012+ for VERY cheap I would get some. As of right now I have yet to make a sale on a 2012 kit, I've had interest but haven't actually moved one.

It was the same when I first started, wasn't sure if it was going to sell well so it was wire it up on your end, then I found these plugs after a bunch of sales and started wiring them up with them, it also takes about a month to get them from Hong Kong, and my order got lost in the mail... I do find it odd that no one here in the states ANYWHERE sells these. I looked for about a month before SvviftSVT found these on E-Bay.

Here is what I use for 2000-2011 hatch and trunks.

SR #233