turbosvtfocus04
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100806
What I Drive: 2004 black svt

FF Reputation: 1 turbosvtfocus04 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Outlaw5.0 View Post
Funny thing is you need torque and rpm to have horsepower. Sort of like saying I lost torque but gained hp, no the torque just moved up in the rpm band and made more hp. Turbochargers make a ton of torque everywhere and can result in tons of wheelspin, but everyone loves them.

Smaller turbos will result in more torque, bigger turbos not as much. We will take a dodge srt4 for an example, makes 310whp 454wtq. But as soon as you go bigger turbo and add cams torque isn't as high, 420whp 380wtq. Rpms got pushed up bc of the slightly bigger cams which is a result in torque loss, you can also lose low end torque by switching intake manifolds as well.

And as for you to say 2.3 turbo could make more power, till you hit a certain amount of hp or big enough turbo then the 2.0 will make more due to it being able to rev higher and also bigger strong since the piston pin isn't moved up on the piston. And yes I have seen this happen when stroking a motor where the piston pin was too high on a motor with a turbo.