Blockisle9
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 104865
What I Drive: 2013 black escape

FF Reputation: 1 Blockisle9 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by copernicium112 View Post
Yeah, there is nothing published about anything with this damn system. Last I knew though was that it can handle 15,000 "grammar objects". A grammar object can be anything from a word like "the" to a punctuation mark like an exclamation point. Each of those counts as one. In other words, you can have the word "the" show up in many of your song titles but it only counts as one grammar object (same with question marks and any other odd characters). You have a gigantic library on your 160 GB iPod. Maybe you are beyond that (keep in mind things like artist name and so forth count against it, but only once per instance).

Hell yes, I totally agree. If this system is going to time out, it should at least tell you why (and time out and isolate the reason it is timing out and continue). Bad track, too many grammar objects, unrecognizable characters in the tags, or whatever, but apparently it doesn't.

No, but why not try it? Give it a go!
I did not want to have to deal with loosing all my presets, indexing and other settings by doing a master reset if it did not work. Also, everything is working really well right now and did not want to chance making things worst.
I maybe totally off base with my thinking here........
Lenny