Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - IMPORTANT: ALL MK3 Focus Owners, I could use your input.
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:42 PM   #142
3focuslater
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 80943
What I Drive: 2012 Focus SE/ Black/Sync/Auto/Moon

FF Reputation: 1 3focuslater Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zillon View Post
Well, everything's installed. Fasteners are all torqued to spec. And the car drives... wonderfully silent. No clunking, no creaking, and nothing feels or sounds loose in the front end.

The center strut nuts were so overtorqued, an electric impact couldn't break them loose. I had to revert to an air impact to break those free. I believe this is where the creaking was coming from. Also, I found that I had overtorqued the sway endlink nuts.

Before everyone goes running to their dealer, remember that Ford needs to look at what I've done first before they'll approve any kind of fix. I have a phone appointment with my regional CSM on Thursday, November 29th; I'll be reporting my findings to her and Ford then. I'm hoping to be able to put a few more miles on the install and give the car a thorough shakedown to hopefully eliminate any potential problems.

Man, talk about a long-awaited sigh of relief.

Thanks for being so determined to find the cause and the solution to this issue with the Focus... In my case this being the 4th Focus I have owned and the one I loved the most, I just want it to be noise and problem free like the other 3.. Thanks for your hard work!!!! Each step of the way you get closer and closer, seeing as though there is not much more to change this could be the answer !!!