Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Sound difference minus front muffler
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 03:41 PM   #6
wannabe_svt
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 92616
What I Drive: 2001, CD Silver. ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 wannabe_svt Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by TerryB View Post
It will sound great at idle and acceleration. But the obnoxious drone at cruising will drive you crazy and give you a headache. Then you'll wish you never did it. I'm going by experience.
Yea that's why I was gonna weld a flange on the pipe so I could keep it reversible if I changed my mind.

Quote:
Originally Posted by iminhell View Post
I have yet to hear ANY exhaust on a Focus zetec that I like, even all the setups I've gone through, I hate.
Either too loud or drones or sounds like a wet fart.

Honestly, the FSW Stealth setup is closest to what I'd call the optimal sound, or lack of.

A good system, IMO, will consist of a big resonator and a quality muffler (not Mangaflow). Removing either component makes the car too loud or too raspy.
Ummmm... What's wrong with Magnaflow? it's just my resonator I have a Borla muffler. I have no intention on changing my catback as it is fine to me, I just wanted to experiment. Plus I'm planning to do a SVT swap by next year so I'm sure the sound will change again.