Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Rattles Everywhere!
View Single Post
Old 11-24-2012, 10:05 AM   #8
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by kam327 View Post
I have 9500 miles, 12/11 build. Intermittent rattles in the dash area which can usually be temporarily cured with a good punch. But I have a constant rattle above 45mph in the passenger area. Happens with or without passenger. Took it to the dealer recently and they replaced the interior A-pillar molding which they claimed was warped, hitting the windshield and therefore causing the rattle. Did not solve my rattle (no idea which rattle they think they solved). This weekend I plan to get underneath and check for anything loose.
Does it sound like it is coming from the engine bay? I have a 12/11 build and I had an intermittent rattle coming from the passenger side. After reading the forums I saw it was mentioned that the coolant reservoir tank would rattle. There is an AC line which runs directly under the coolant reservoir..Some members suggested folding a sponge and wedging it under the coolant reservoir on top of the AC line - What I did was get a section of pipe insulation and wrapped it around the AC line beneath the coolant reservoir and I have not heard a rattle from that area since.

Try it with the sponge and see if it works!