Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - Anyone with a carfax account?
View Single Post
Old 11-23-2012, 07:33 AM   #13
UnleashedBeast
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 100738
What I Drive: 2012 Focus Titanium

FF Reputation: 3 UnleashedBeast Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by markwb View Post
I looked at a used car that had front end collision repair. The CARFAX report did not indicate any collision repair. What led me to be suspicious was the steering wheel not being centered. After close inspection of engine bay revealed new right front fender, new right front headlamp assy, new right front wheel well splash shields etc....
So, I've lost any confidence in CARFAX reports and their accuracy.
I agree 100%

In 2002, I purchased a used 1999 Trans Am. The Carfax showed no accidents reported. However, after modding the car began.....collision damage of the front passenger side was found. If the car is wrecked, then fixed in private with no insurance claim, Carfax will never know about it.

It's not 100% accurate. Carfax is only going to show you reported insurance claims/repairs. Minor stuff will rarely, if ever, show up in the report. At least you know nothing major of the car's structure "should" be damaged with a clean Carfax.