Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum - View Single Post - 2013 engine "click click whir" (engine not running)
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:07 PM   #55
mbchauvin1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 106542
What I Drive: 2013 Ford Focus Hatch back

FF Reputation: 1 mbchauvin1 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Brand New 2013 Ford Focus Hatchback

Within the next day my wifes new Focus started making this clicking noise upon unlocking the driver side door. The pattern I noticed is when the car has not been running for some time. Remotely unlock the driver door the clicking nosie starts put the key in the ignition start the car ckicking noise will stop. It has some effect on the interior ceiling lamp such as sometimes I noticed it will light on as should when unlocking the driver door and sometimes it wont.

I noticed that if you try and redupicate the noise back to back it wont always do it. I have noticed if you let set up awhile say 30 min. and make sure the doors are locked then at that point unlock the driver side door with the transmitter key the moment the car door is open the clicking nosie starts. Comes from under the hood standing in front of the car right side is where the noise is located. My wife waitted 13 yrs. to buy a vehicle and this happens. We dont know if its damaging the vehicle or not. I"m astounded that there has yet to be a recall from Ford on this issue. I counted five pages in this forum on this same issue same problem with the ford focus. Not good. Ford needs to acknowelge this and do something.