Focus Fanatics - View Single Post - Differences between a 2012 and a 2013 focus.
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 01:29 PM   #17
Some Guy From NY
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 101517
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL sedan DCT

FF Reputation: 3 Some Guy From NY Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDNFocusFan View Post
If there's one reason I wish I had held out for a 13 it's the included remote start. Reverse camera is nice also, but my neck works so it's not a huge deal. On the other hand when it's -40 it'd be nice to have a warm car. Any way to integrate this into a 2012 or is it better just to shop aftermarket for a car starter (I have push button start)
When I bought my 2012 I had the dealer install remote start for me at only $200 dollars. I know it usually costs a lot more for the dealer to install, but they did it cheaper for me because the car I chose did not have the winter package which I wanted.

I do not have push button start but I know it can be dealer installed with this anyway.

Remote Start IS AWESOME. It is so nice to enter a warm car with a defrosted windshield without having to sit inside while it is still cold and wait for the heat and defrost to kick in. Another benefit is when sometimes the doors are frozen shut, If you have remote start with your heater set to go on, it helps warm up the car and melt the ice before you try to open the door.

I highly recommend remote start, you won't regret it.